- The company
- Their accreditations
- Their people
- Contracts and payment
- Response times
- The future
- What size is your company?
- What geography do you cover?
- Do you support other companies in my industry?
- What are your client retention rates?
- Can I speak to a reference?
- What are your IT support desk credentials?
- What technology partner accreditations do you have?
- Will I get an account manager?
- Will I get an engineer?
- What training do your engineers get?
Contracts and Payment
- What levels of support do you offer?
- Pay-as-you-go, for hourly or fixed-rate prices. These can be expensive.
- Online chat, where you access support via digital messaging channels. This can be cheaper, but it can feel less personal.
- Break-fix, charged hourly in advance or after the work is done. It can also work like an insurance policy on a fixed-price contract.
- Managed services, where your IT support company actively watches over your activity and offers fixes. You’ll usually sign an annual support contract for this option.
- What’s covered in your support contract?
- What isn’t covered in your support contract?
- How will I pay?
- How can I log a problem?
- How quickly can you respond?
- Can you support my growth plans?
- What are the cancellation terms?