- The internet: availability, bandwidth and outages
- Security: comms room access, shared networks, and firewalls and VPN
What is a Serviced Office?
The InternetMost serviced offices will come with an internet connection. But this is worth making sure of. It would be a disaster if you moved in and found this wasn’t there, or if the connection doesn’t have enough bandwidth for your business needs. And there’s always the possibility of a connection outage. So ask the owner these questions before moving in:
- Is there an internet connection?
- What bandwidth does this have?
- How long will an outage last?
SecurityNo company is immune from the threat of cyber attacks. Hackers will try to breach any business they can, no matter how big or small it is. There are some cybersecurity risks to a serviced office you need to be aware of:
- Comms room access
- Shared networks
- Firewalls and virtual private networks (VPN)
Want to Know More?Serviced offices give you the chance to share your workspace with like-minded individuals and companies. You aren’t as contractually tied down to staying there as you would be with a leased office, as they work on a pay-as-you-go basis. And most office supplies are included in the rental costs. But there are a few things to be aware in regards to the internet and security available:
- You need to know if the internet is included, if you can work effectively on the bandwidth provided and how long an outage will last
- What access to the comms rooms is like, how to protect yourself on a shared network and if you can add additional firewalls and a VPN